Protect your pet with our simple and reliable plan
All eligible claims are covered at 90% with no restrictions on hereditary or congenital issues
No limits or caps on how much the policy will pay out on eligible claims — ever
WE PRICE FAIRLY
Your pet will always be priced at the age at which they enrolled, and we don't raise rates because you file claims
Your bill can be paid before you leave the veterinarian
You get more with a Trupanion policy
Other providers offer
This may be appealing at first glance, but what happens after one year with the policy?
- Price can skyrocket year after year
- No coverage for the things most likely to happen to your pet — hereditary and congenital conditions
- Previously covered conditions may now be pre-existing
Some of the concerns with cheap coverage are gone. But what happens when your pet gets older?
- Your rates may automatically increase just because your pet has a birthday
- There may be caps or limits on how much they can pay out in claims
At Trupanion, we want to be by your pet's side for their entire life. That means...
- Coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions
- No caps or limits on the amount we pay out
- No automatic rate increases just because your pet celebrates a birthday
We love informed decisions. Check out our full policy for complete coverage details.
Know exactly what your policy will cover
With the Trupanion policy, you're covered for
All illnesses and injuries,
- Bite wounds
- Foreign body ingestion
- Patela luxation
- Kidney disease
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary obstructions
All conditions your breed may be prone to (hereditary and congenital) such as:
- Cherry eye
- Hip dysplasia
- Thyroid disease
- Heart disease
Other miscellaneous items:
- Diagnostic tests
- Hospital stays
- Veterinary supplements
- Herbal therapy
- Prosthetic devices and carts
What about wellness care and exam fees?
We have made a deliberate choice not to cover wellness care or exam fees.
Trupanion was founded to help pets get the emergency care they need. We don’t believe insurance is for those routine costs that you can budget for.
Important note: No insurance provider offers coverage for pre-existing conditions. If we aren’t quite sure if something is pre-existing, our veterinary professionals work side-by-side with your veterinarian to review medical records.
Get 24/7 protection for you and your pet
Just like our policy is here for your pet 24/7, our award-winning member experience team is always here for you. A quick phone call could save you thousands of dollars and give you what matters most – more years with your pet.
Getting a quote is fast, easy, and low pressure. Call now: 877.401.0972