Trupanion supports quality breeders
The Trupanion Breeder Support Program protects your litters from the unexpected when they head to their new homes.
Easy to use
- Our Go Home Day Offer waives the waiting periods. Just provide it to buyers and we’ll handle the rest.
- We provide free informational kits to include in your puppy or kitten packs.
One on one support
- Your own dedicated Account Manager will serve as your Trupanion go-to throughout the partnership.
- We’ll provide data and insights back to you whenever you need it.
- Connect with both our team and fellow breeders at events throughout the US and Canada.
- Join our exclusive Facebook group to network, share your experience, and be the first to learn about new offers.
"Totally recommend it, the Go Home Day Offer gives relief to both the buyer and to me, the breeder. I know that if they continue with pet insurance, our puppies will never not get the care they need if something unforeseen happens. There is absolutely zero reason for a breeder to not be a part of the Trupanion Breeder Support Program.”
– Gail G., Trupanion partnered breeder since 2013
There’s no cost to join.
Sign up today.
Breeder Support Program FAQs
You have questions, we have answers.
You will be assigned a dedicated account manager when you join our program. Your account manager will provide you with a PDF of your Go Home Day Offer and informational materials to include in your puppy/kitten packs. They can also provide you with reporting upon request to view which of your buyers are taking advantage of the offer, as well claims submitted by your buyers. We also periodically offer Trupanion goodies as a thank you.
We are unable to compensate breeders for participating in our program.
No. The buyer must be the one who activates their offer. There are two reasons:
- It's illegal for somebody to activate insurance in someone else's name unless you're a properly licensed producer/agent.
- When a breeder activates, buyers don't understand what they're getting and it can result in confusion about coverage resulting in a poor experience for the buyer.
Any new accident or illness is eligible for coverage, including hereditary and congenital diseases.* Additionally, all pets receive the same coverage regardless of breed — we have no breed restrictions or exclusions.
We don’t cover pre-existing conditions, including those that are already showing signs or symptoms prior to activation. Wellness or preventative care and spay/neuter are also not eligible for coverage. You can learn more about our coverage here.
You can also call us any time with your policy questions at 888.615.8318.
*Terms and conditions apply. See the policy for details.
No. At this time, we have no group plan for breeders. Each pet must be enrolled individually.
However, the Trupanion Policy does offer a rider with coverage specific to the risks associated with breeding.
Sign up today.