As featured in:
Pet insurance reinvented
Vet Direct Pay has made waiting on reimbursement checks a thing of the past
We offer Vet Direct Pay at participating hospitals, allowing us to pay claims in as little as 5 minutes. Imagine no more paying out of pocket, submitting paper claims, and then waiting for approval and reimbursement.
QUICK AND EASY CHECKOUT
Find out the status of your claim and what is covered in minutes
NO MORE PAPERWORK
Say goodbye to filing claims and waiting for reimbursement checks
Pay only your portion and we pay the rest directly to your veterinarian
"When we picked Webster up from the veterinarian and got our bill, Trupanion paid its portion (90%), and we only had to cover the deductible and remaining 10% of costs. This was such a relief because we didn't have to cover Webster's entire bill out of pocket - instead, we could focus on his recovery."
"Out of a $64,000 claimed veterinary bill, Trupanion covered the eligible $57,000 and truly have no limit. They were there for Amethyst no matter what – they even paid directly to the hospital! I wouldn’t have my Amethyst if it wasn’t for Trupanion."
Our policy is designed with your pet in mind
We don't automatically raise rates just because your pet gets older.
We reimburse all eligible claims at 90% with no caps or limits on how much we'll pay.
We will never raise your pet's rate no matter how many claims you file with us.
Trupanion provides more than other pet insurance companies
VPI/Nationwide can drop your coverage if you file too many claims. TheTrupanion policy will never drop your coverage or penalize you for filing claims.
Healthy Paws limits coverage for older pets. The Trupanion policy does not discriminate based on age.
Embrace makes you wait 6 months for full policy coverage. The Trupanion policy has a standard waiting period of 30 days.
Plus, Trupanion pet health insurance is the only company who can reimburse veterinarians directly with our unique software system.
Trupanion offers a deductible that works for you
Our deductible was invented to help your pet and protect your wallet.
We think it’s important for you to know exactly how you benefit from a Trupanion policy that features a lifetime per condition deductible that you can change when necessary.
A Trupanion policy is unique because we offer a lifetime per condition deductible. You pay a deductible only when your pet develops a new condition. A condition is any unexpected injury or illness and any additional medical issues that occur as a result.
Once your deductible is paid, your policy begins paying out at 90%for anything related to that condition for the rest of your pet's life.*
Most pet insurance companies offer an annual deductible. However, we are against making owners pay multiple times for a condition that is diagnosed once.
Plus you get top coverage for the things your pet is most likely to experience
You're covered for:
All illnesses and injuries, such as:
- Bite wounds
- Foreign body ingestion
- Patella luxation
- Kidney disease
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary obstructions
All conditions your breed may be prone to (hereditary and congenital) such as:
- Cherry eye
- Hip dysplasia
- Thyroid disease
- Heart disease
- Diagnostic tests
- Hospital stays
- Veterinary supplements
- Herbal therapy
- Prosthetic devices and carts
We're here when you need us, call us at 855.727.9082
Let our award-winning customer care specialists take it from here. We're even available 24/7!