Your bill can be paid before you leave the veterinarian
You get one simple and reliable plan
All eligible claims are covered at 90% with no restrictions on hereditary or congenital issues
No limits or caps on how much the policy will pay out on eligible claims — ever
WE PRICE FAIRLY
Your pet will always be priced at the age at which they enrolled, and we don't raise rates because you file claims
You know exactly what your policy will cover
Illnesses and injuries, such as:
- Bite wounds
- Foreign body ingestion
- Patella luxation
- Kidney disease
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary obstructions
Conditions your breed may be prone to (hereditary and congenital) such as:
- Cherry eye
- Hip dysplasia
- Thyroid disease
- Heart disease
- Diagnostic tests
- Hospital stays
- Veterinary supplements
- Herbal therapy
- Prosthetic devices and carts
You get more with Trupanion
Other providers offer
This may be appealing at first glance, but what happens after one year with the policy?
- Price can skyrocket year after year
- No coverage for the things most likely to happen to your pet — hereditary and congenital conditions
- Previously covered conditions may now be pre-existing
Some of the concerns with cheap coverage are gone. But what happens when your pet gets older?
- Your rates may automatically increase just because your pet has a birthday
- There may be caps or limits on how much they can pay out in claims
At Trupanion, we want to be by your pet's side for their entire life. That means...
- Coverage for hereditary and congenital conditions
- No caps or limits on the amount we pay out
- No automatic rate increases just because your pet celebrates a birthday
We love informed decisions. Check out our full policy for complete coverage details.
Only Trupanion has more positive reviews than any other pet insurance provider
As of February 2019, we have been reviewed 15,635 times across Google, Pet Insurance Reviews (US only), Yelp, BBB, Consumer Affairs, and Trust Pilot. The average for all pet insurance providers is less than 7,000 reviews.
Complete coverage, fast claims, and great customer service – these are just a few of the many perks our members love.