A woman and her dogA woman and her dogA woman and her dog

Anything is paws-ible with Trupanion


  • 90% of eligible costs are paid
  • Direct to vet payment options
  • Coverage for the life of your pet
Get my dog's quote

We love informed decisions. See our policy for full coverage details.

Trupanion is your constant companion

One simple plan icon

ONE SIMPLE PLAN

No payout limits icon

NO PAYOUT LIMITS

Hospital Icon

DIRECT PAYMENTS TO YOUR VETERINARIAN

Get unlimited and trusted coverage

We cover the medical expenses of ALL new injuries and illnesses, including:

 

HEREDITARY CONDITIONS 

We'll cover conditions your breed is prone to inheriting.

Examples:

  • Elbow and hip dysplasia
  • Diabetes
  • Upper respiratory infections
  • Thyroid disease

UNIDENTIFIED ISSUES 

Even if your pet doesn't have an official diagnosis, we'll cover you.

Examples:

  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Cough
  • Change in weight

CONGENITAL CONDITIONS 

We'll cover conditions your pet has developed before birth.

Examples:

  • Heart disease
  • Nervous system issues
  • Cataracts
  • Liver disease
We love informed decisions. See our policy for full coverage details.

Trupanion can pay your veterinarian directly at the time of checkout

Vet Direct Pay Graphic

How does medical insurance for dogs work?

 

Hospital Icon

If your pup is sick or injured, take them to any veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in Canada, the US or Puerto Rico.
90% Coverage
We’ll cover 90% of eligible healthcare expenses for your dog or puppy. You are responsible for any non-eligible expenses, your deductible, and the remaining 10%.
Accidents and Illnesses Icon
When it comes to the unexpected, we'll be there for life. You're only responsible for the routine and preventive care — the costs you expect to pay as a dog owner.

How much does medical insurance for dogs cost?

Each of our pets is unique, which is why our prices are not one-size-fits-all. Your dog's monthly price is determined by looking at a few different factors:

Pricing Factors Graphic

You control your deductible and monthly price

We understand that budgets matter, so we’re committed to making medical insurance for dogs affordable. Trupanion gives you the option to choose your dog's monthly price by selecting a deductible from $0 to $1,000, giving you the financial flexibility you need. This is the amount you'll be responsible for before your coverage kicks in. You can lower your deductible in your first 30 days or increase it any time by giving us a call.

Your price will never automatically increase just because your pet gets older

We understand that dogs age just like people do and we will never penalize you for this. Over the life of your dog, you may see periodic adjustments to your dog's premium, which may be an increase or decrease; however, you will never see an automatic increase to your premium as a result of filing a claim or because your pet ages. We also know that you have no control over whether your dog gets sick or injured, which is why we don't penalize our members with increased premiums just because they filed a claim.

Check out our pricing philosophy for more detail.

How does medical insurance for dogs work?

 

Hospital Icon

If your pup is sick or injured, take them to any veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in Canada, the US or Puerto Rico.
90% Coverage
We’ll cover 90% of eligible healthcare expenses for your dog or puppy. You are responsible for any non-eligible expenses, your deductible, and the remaining 10%.
Accidents and Illnesses Icon
When it comes to the unexpected, we'll be there for life. You're only responsible for the routine and preventive care — the costs you expect to pay as a dog owner.

How much does medical insurance for dogs cost?

Each of our pets is unique, which is why our prices are not one-size-fits-all. Your dog's monthly price is determined by looking at a few different factors:

  • Your pet's age
  • Type of breed
  • Your location
  • Deductible
  • Gender
  • Additional Coverage

You control your deductible and monthly price

We understand that budgets matter, so we’re committed to making medical insurance for dogs affordable. Trupanion gives you the option to choose your dog's monthly price by selecting a deductible from $0 to $1,000, giving you the financial flexibility you need. This is the amount you'll be responsible for before your coverage kicks in. You can lower your deductible in your first 30 days or increase it any time by giving us a call.

Your price will never automatically increase just because your pet gets older

We understand that dogs age just like people do and we will never penalize you for this. Over the life of your dog, you may see periodic adjustments to your dog's premium, which may be an increase or decrease; however, you will never see an automatic increase to your premium as a result of filing a claim or because your pet ages. We also know that you have no control over whether your dog gets sick or injured, which is why we don't penalize our members with increased premiums just because they filed a claim.

Check out our pricing philosophy for more detail.

Getting a quote is fast, easy and risk free

Call now 844.922.1170

We love informed decisions. See our policy for full coverage details.
Tap to Call Get my dog's quote

We love informed decisions. See our policy for full coverage details.