Veterans enrolled in this program may take their service dog to any veterinarian in the United States and U.S. territories, including emergency and specialty hospitals. We provide payment directly to the clinic, so the veterans don’t need to pay for these services out of pocket.
Veterans do not need to contact us prior to taking their dog to the veterinarian, though it’s helpful to know if the veteran has a regular clinic so we can reach out and let them know how the program works.
What is covered
We cover treatments for pre-existing, chronic, or recurring conditions, hereditary and congenital disorders, accidents, and illnesses. We also cover wellness and preventive exams, diagnostic tests, surgeries, medications, and vaccinations. Eligible items receive 100% coverage and there is no deductible.
What is not covered
We do not cover the following things:
- Grooming (including nail trims)
- Boarding (other than medically necessary)
- Elective or cosmetic surgeries
- Non-sedated teeth cleaning
- Non-prescription medications
- Non-prescription food (including all treats*)
- Dietary supplements (unless prescribed as part of a veterinary treatment plan)
- Flea control (unless prescribed and purchased from a licensed veterinarian)
*please note that all treats, regardless of prescription status are considered a non-prescription food.
If you have a question about coverage please give us a call at 855.482.0163 or send us an email at [email protected].