Our certificate program
All dogs and cats between the age of 8 weeks and 14 years can receive a certificate after a health check—we recommend offering them to new clients with healthy dogs and cats, especially puppies and kittens, coming in for a wellness visit.Once activated by the pet owner within 24 hours, their coverage for the unexpected begins immediately. The certificate is a great way for pet owners to see for themselves the benefits of pet insurance, and certificates are easy to seamlessly introduce into the everyday workflow of your practice.
Certificates are a great tool to help introduce pet owners to the benefits of having pet insurance for their pets. Just provide pet owners with a certificate after a veterinary exam – it’s really that simple.
Certificates provide pet owners with:
- 30 days of our coverage from the full Trupanion policy. After the 30-day period, pets can enroll for lifelong coverage.
- 90% coverage of eligible treatments based on your actual bill, less the exam fee and optional deductible.
- The comprehensive Trupanion core policy for all new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions.
- No payout limits means no per condition, annual, or lifetime limits.
- Immediate coverage begins without the standard waiting periods of 5 days for injuries and 30 days for illnesses.