Certificates are used as a tool to introduce pet owners to the benefits of having pet insurance for their pets. You provide a pet owner with a certificate after a veterinary exam – it’s really that simple. This information is applicable residents of Florida, Idaho, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Puerto Rico.
Certificates provide pet owners with:
- Coverage is available for all dogs and cats up to 14 years old. If they don't provide payment information within 30 days, pet owners will receive a coverage cancellation notification.
- The comprehensive Trupanion core policy for all new injuries and illnesses, including hereditary and congenital conditions.
- No upfront costs to activate coverage.
- 90% coverage of eligible treatments based on your actual bill, less the exam fee, deductible and sales tax where applicable.
- Immediate coverage begins without the usual waiting periods.
- No payout limits means no per condition, annual, or lifetime limits.
Certificate programs vary depending on where you practice. If you have any questions about our certificate programs, give us a call at 855.405.3758.
We love informed decisions. See the policy for full coverage details.