What you need to know about adopting a pet during COVID-19
Now that so many of us are spending more time at home, lots of folks think now could be a great time to introduce a new furry family member into the mix.
We agree! That’s why Trupanion is partnering with the Humane Society of the United States to bring you the first in a series of webinars showcasing everything you need to know about pet adoption and ownership.
During this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to prepare for fostering or adopting a new pet
- Shelter heroes’ recommendations and “best practices” for adopting a new pet
- How to ensure new pets can safely visit a veterinarian during a pandemic
- Training and behavioral tips
Not ready for a new pet, but still want to help? Click here to donate to our GoFundMe and support animal shelters affected by wildfires.
Additional resources to help you with pet adoption and medical insurance for pets:
- Everything You Need to Know About Kitten Adoption
- I Adopted a 6-Month Old Puppy (and This is What I Learned)
- A Guide to Responsible Pet Ownership
- The Benefits of Having Pets: Wellness for the Entire Family
- How to Safely Take Your Pet to the Veterinarian During a Pandemic
- 6 Match-Making Tips to Find the Perfect Shelter Pet
- How to Help Animal Shelters During COVID-19
- How to Entertain Your Pets While You Work from Home
- The Trupanion Office Dogs and Cats Proudly Work Remotely
Pet adoption may look a little different as we all adjust to a new way of doing things, but these pets don’t know we’re all dealing with the unpredictable right now. They still need loving families and forever homes, and they can still make your life brighter with their love.
The Trupanion policy is all about protecting pets and pet owners from the unpredictable with medical insurance for cats and dogs that pays 90% of the bill for eligible illnesses and injuries. Trupanion is also the only provider that can pay your veterinarian directly at the time of checkout, so you don’t have to wait for reimbursement.
Our plan covers 90% of actual veterinary costs for eligible claims once you meet the deductible.
NO PAYOUT LIMITS
Your pet receives unlimited lifetime insurance coverage without caps.
VET DIRECT PAY
Let us pay your bill directly to your veterinarian—just pay your portion and we take care of the rest.
Policy details can vary by state. If you live in Florida, click here to see what the Trupanion Plan has for you.
Click here to learn more about how the Trupanion policy can help protect your new furry family member.